The License Plate Agency (LPA) is located in the newly renovated former Town Hall building at 145 Bethania Street. The Town of Rural Hall was awarded the contract to operate the LPA and has four staff members eager to serve the community.
The LPA is a division of the Department of Transportation and Department of Motor Vehicles. They handle titles, registrations, and renewals. They are not a driver’s license office. For driver’s license needs or questions, visit: https://www.ncdot.gov/DMV/Pages/default.aspx.
Location & Address: 145 Bethania Street Rural Hall, NC 27045
Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM, Monday through Friday
- The Rural Hall LPA observes the state holiday schedule (the same as Town Hall) and will be closed on observed holidays.
Phone Number: (336) 642-9016 / Fax Number: (336) 642-0949
- If a clerk is unable to answer the phone, it is likely they are assisting customers and you will need to call back later.
What They Do
- Registration renewals, title transfers, out-of-state titles, license plate needs, including handicapped plates and placards, and renew and turn in plates
- Notarize (notary requirements must be paid in CASH)
What They Do NOT Do
- Driver’s License Renewals (any identification renewals)
- Appointments (No appointment needed)
- Wildlife/Boat Registrations
- “For Hire” Tags
- International Registration Plans (IRP)
Notary fees for any transactions that require notarization must be paid in CASH.