Bulk Items

Services are provided to residential properties only.  Businesses, apartment complexes, and multi-family complexes do not receive this service.  This service is intended for occasional, single item disposal and not for whole home or property cleanouts. 

Bulk items/white goods are picked up at the curb year-round. Please have items at the curb by 7 AM Tuesday morning.
– Bulk items and white goods pickup will be provided year-round on Tuesdays of each week. Please have items at the curb by 7 AM Tuesday mornings. Please note, this service could delay until Wednesday on high-volume pickup weeks.  
– Items are to be placed at the curb or the edge of the street. Place items several feet away from other items including mailboxes, garbage/recycle carts, vehicles, etc..
– Residents who are unable to get their items to the curb will be required to sign a waiver to relieve the Town from any liability while on private property.  All waivers will be kept on file at the Town Office.
NO construction material, windows, doors, or mirrors will be collected.
– Smaller items that can be bagged and placed in your garbage cart will NOT be accepted.
NO tires, batteries, building or construction materials, pallets, glass, windows, mirrors, doors with glass, televisions, computers/electronics, lumber or plywood will be picked up by the Town.
– Cardboard and glass containers will NOT be picked up by the Town.  These items should be recycled appropriately.
– Some items not accepted by the Town of Rural Hall can be disposed of at the Hanes Mill Landfill.  Call 336-661-4900 for more information.

Listed below is a partial list of hazardous materials that will not be picked up by the Town:
– Lead-based paints
– Flammable Liquids and/or Tanks
– Driveway Sealant
– Acid
– Herbicides and/or Pesticides
– Asbestos
– Freon
– Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFL)
– Pallets
– Motor Oil & Filters
– Electronic Items (computer, televisions, radios, etc.)
– Tires, batteries and other automotive parts
– (Hazardous waste and materials can be taken to 3RC-The Envirostation.  Call 336-784-4300 for more information.)

Prohibited Collections
– Heavy bulk accumulations such as brick, broken concrete, lumber, ashes, dirt, plaster, sand, gravel, automobile frames and parts, and dead trees shall not be collected by the Town but disposed of by the owner or person controlling the premises.
– No waste building materials or lot clearings shall be collected from houses or other structures under construction or recently completed.
– No collection shall be made from vacant lots, nor shall any large rocks, tree trunks or stumps be collected by the Town.

Where Can I Recycle Electronics?

Solid Waste Collections Policy

Back to top